07 December 2013

Peter with an Emmy

still organizing.  to make room in one space I had to go thru some old notebooks which my cousin Sal gave me. there was this picture:




captain sez: National Acdemy of TV Arts and Sciences finally created a category for daytime serials and declared The Doctors as winner "for creative program achievements and for achievements by individuals contributing to daytime drama."

the photo shows the cast of the soap with the award -- suggesting that the whole cast as well as the show won.  my friend Peter Burnell is there in the open patternd shirt. records show that "The Doctors" indeed won the first Emmy for daytime drama but it isn't clear if at that time the whole cast was considerd to have won. but any documentation of Peter's career is welcome.

1 comment:

Pietra Chandler said...

I saw Peter in many productions -- In Praise of Love, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Long Day's Journey, Cyrano, something Gerald Mast wrote, and several others, the names of which escape me, and also on television in "The Doctors."

What happened to him broke my heart and always will.