13 September 2015

a gift

I've written before that my first museum was the Allen Memorial Art Museum on the campus of Oberlin College.  it was near my hometown & I loved visiting. it was where I purchased my first piece of art -- Jean Charlot's "Naval Skirmish."

recently I donated some 40 pieces from my art collection to the Allen & the Charlot was one of those. for me the circle is complete.

Elisa Wike Hurley took this picture of me with some of the work just before movers came to pack it all up & take it away.



besides Charlot the other artists whose work I gave the Allen are Richard Anuskiewicz   Leonard Baskin   Miguel Ortiz Berrocal   Joe Brainard   Emerson Burkhart   David Edward Byrd   Otto Dix   Howard Finster   Paul Flora   John Gill   Ira Joel Haber   Henry Halem   Keith Haring   Grace Hartigan   David Hockney   Jasper Johns   Alex Katz   R. B. Kitaj   Jasper Krabbe   Kirk Mangus   Roberto Marquez   Joan Miro   Mark Mothersbaugh   Joseph O'Sickey   Pablo Picasso   Otto Piene   Fairfield Porter   James Rosenquist   P. Craig Russell      Bert Stern   Arthut Yanoff.


No comments: