06 August 2006

on the streets of

some time ago I wrote abt the joy of seeing old movies shot in Manhattan. then I concentratd on landmarks & how they change.

another great aspect of such location shooting is a chance to watch esteemd members of the theater community in small parts. to see Sudie Bond or Judith Lowry or Margo Martindale suddenly appear is as exciting to me as spotting Percy Helton or Bess Flowers in Hollywood products.

tonite I saw "Extreme Measures." now this one cheats. it's supposd to take place in NYC. & some of it was filmd there. but parts (I presume interiors) were done in Toronto. however there are some wonderful theater folk in the cast. Peter Maloney has a striking bit. so does John Heffernan. neither of these actors are huge stars but both have had long & distinguishd careers on the boards. so it was a thrill to see them.

No comments: