24 December 2005

other guy's clothes

"Ive always been partial to clothes with a history" I wrote in Postcard Memoirs.

& so today for the first time I'm wearing the Palm Springs tee that Carlos left in my room at Inn Exile. perhaps my fondness for wearing hand-me-downs comes from my boyhood. my parents always shoppd at garage sales (& still do). & I had one older male cousin some of whose things I'd inherit. there is mystery in stepping into clothes of another   intrigue in imagining where those clothes have been   what was done by the men while wearing them.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alex Gildzen said...

for all the guys out there e-mailing me offers of their old clothes I'll be happy to accept. but right now my ISP is having problems. I can get the internet but not e-mail. keep trying...

Alex Gildzen said...

this post came back to me as I was watching "Brokeback Mountain" today.