08 May 2005

glorious Piper

I've been in love with Piper Laurie since I was 8 or 9.

so you can imagine my joy when I was channel-chasing tonite & discoverd she was going to guest on an episode of a series calld "Cold Case."

she's 73 now. a bit plump. full of wrinkles. famous red hair mostly a memory. but there she was. the starlet who ate orchids before taking to the stage & television's Golden Age   who returnd to the screen in one brilliant performance after another. & tonite she wasn't afraid to be an old lady. & she wasn't afraid to demonstrate once again why she's one of the great stars in the history of television.

when will those Emmy people give Piper Laurie a lifetime achievement award? she's a national treasure.

2 comments:

Jean Vengua said...

One of the best things about Piper Laurie was (is?) that incredible sultry voice.

richard lopez said...

she's also terrific in those films, _the hustler_ with Paul Newman, and as the psycho mother in _carrie_. I've had a crush on her since I hit puberty.