07 March 2008

Dad

for privacy reasons I haven't spoken the details of Dad's decline here. but the last few years have been heartbreaking for the family.

the final insults to his body took him to Elyria Memorial Hospital's e.r. his needs were such that he was transferd to University Hospital in Cleveland where he receivd excellent care for a week. but it was all too much. after careful deliberation I pickd a nursing home but when I relayd that information to his primary doctor I was informd a hospice was the appropriate choice.

he died on Leap Day.

9 comments:

durlx said...

So sorry Alex. I'll call in a couple of days.

Vera Charles said...

My heart is with you friend.

Steve said...

I love the love you have for your dear mom and dad, Alex. Not everybody is so fortunate to go through life with parents as wonderful as yours OR the kind of love you've been able to feel and for them that you have.

My sincerest condolences to you at your dad's passing. He must have been very, very extraordinary, and surely he will be dearly missed.

But FOREVER a truly wonderful father, too... :)

Most sincerely, my friend,

Steve

Brent Goodman said...

I'm very sorry Alex.

Montgomery Maxton said...

my condolances sweetheart.

Jean Vengua said...

...Because of your silence, I had a feeling he'd passed away. Here's a big {{{hug}}} for you and your family...

Jean

Anonymous said...

thinking bout you alex. call if you need anything.
gary

Unknown said...

Alex, I'm so sorry.
Hugs to you from here in Massachusetts.

Alex Gildzen said...

thank you all.