10 August 2007

my governor

what can I say abt Bill Richardson?

he was the only New Mexico politician I'd heard of when I lived in Ohio. I told him so the first time I went to one of his constituents meetings when he was my Congressman. & I was happy to vote for him as governor. sure he's overweight & a bit oily but he seemd to know how to get things done. & he's one of the few candidates running for president who has international problem-solving credentials.

but his campaign has turnd into a disaster. he was so bad on "Meet the Press" I had to turn if off. & on last nite's gay forum he was clearly uncomfortable. when he sd being gay is a choice he was lucky not to be boo'd off the stage.

everyone says Richardson's ego is immense. maybe that's why he's running. I always presumd he was really in the race for the second spot. now I think that may be beyond his grasp. but despite his gaffes I still think he'd make a great Secretary of State.

2 comments:

cinemage books said...

I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. Loathsome.

Alex Gildzen said...

the president is loathsome. the vice president is loathsome. it's tough to like Richardson but no tougher to like Hillary. if the GOP nominates either Guiliani or Romney we may have to end up voting for someone we don't like but who is on the right side more often than not.