02 November 2008

seminar on Jean-Claude

I can only imagine how he felt. it was such an outpouring of love. Ron Rand -- who runs The Soul of the American Actor & tours as Harold Clurman in a one-man show -- put the event together at CUNY. there were readings from Jean-Claude's major plays. the best were given by Ruth Maleczech as "Bag Lady" & Ron Faber as the hunter in "The Hunter & the Bird." later in the day a stellar cast was assembld for readings from his adaptations of Chekhov: Laila Robins   Roger Rees   Angelica Torn   Brian Murray   & the super-hot Jake Robards.

here Jean-Claude himself reads from "Light" with Rosemary Quinn:



there were also several panels. none of us got to talk much but it was important to me that I was part of this event. I've known Jean-Claude for 40 years & really wantd to participate in this tribute.

Regina was my documentarian for this event but she hasn't been able to forward her photos to me. I took very few. this one at the closing reception is of Jean-Claude with the legendary Judith Malina & her new assistant Brad Burgess (who has mesmerizing eyes):

No comments: