10 January 2007

Yvonne De Carlo (1922-2007)

Rumba Atrevida!


TRODDING THE STATIONS OF “CRISS CROSS”
IN SEARCH OF PERCY HELTON’S BIG SCENE

& so the Hollywood whose streets
I’ve been walking for decades
gets bigger & bigger

it stretches out to Westwood
where I visit Percy’s tomb
& to Silverlake
where Antonio Moreno glistend
in afternoon sun
& over to Culver City
where Munchkins playd

Hollywood becomes bigger
than Ohio
bigger than a banana republic
Carmen Miranda flew over
on her last trip to Rio

Hollywood stretches
to the corners of my queen-size bed
where I give Burt Lancaster
a secret kiss
siddle past Yvonne De Carlo
dancing with Tony Curtis
stop at the bar
where Percy squints at me

I squint back
& say
“hit me again”

1 comment:

cinemage books said...

Oh my heart. I heard on the tube as I was on the net that Yvonne had passed. What a swell babe she was, and oh that rumba Alex. Its one of my all time favorite noir scenes in the history of noir and one of the sexiest dance numbers in the history of film no ands ifs or buts. And those 3 beauties Yvonne, Tony and Burt. Thanks for posting it. Now I can watch it when ever I want.