02 January 2007

blindingly beautiful

there comes a time to say fuck the icicles & go out & play. so I put on my sunglasses & took a long walk in the white.

the landscape of the southwest is magisterial. it's a reason we come to live here. to see miles of it in this pristine quilt halts breath. so I went away from paths & snow angels to walk in our beauty.

on my return I forsook the foot bridge over the arroyo to walk in still-fresh often-kneedeep snow to my house. & there I made snowballs for the first time in decades & threw them quite madly into the air.

2 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

Is it melting there yet? Our snow is melting furiously now, but it is supposed to get cold again so I doubt it will all disappear.

Alex Gildzen said...

sun was out today so some melting is underway. but that much snow will take longer to melt than usual.

I need to get to Montana -- one of my last 2 states.