04 July 2008

happy independence



when I lived in Twin Lakes in another century I had an annual 4th of july party. Billy Berger discoverd this fading slide from one of those long-ago events. that's me with my arms out.

the computer continues to chug along but I expect each day that it'll finally succumb. the new one won't arrive for at least another week. so I've pre-scheduld the C series in case I loose access. but it's so gray I wantd this tiny bit of color -- even if less than brilliant -- on the blog before I return with all the excitement of the new toy.

3 comments:

malibu boy said...

A long time ago there was a commercial for Nair Hair Removal that went "Who wears short shorts? Nair for short shorts"! And you were rocking them, weren't you?! What a great picture....

Happy 4th and I beg you - have a pancake in the plaza for me this morning!

Alex Gildzen said...

funny you shd mention the shorts Bob. they were sooooooooooooooo short that I had to be careful sitting or everything wd show.

Rita & Phil & I are off to the plaza in a bit. the pancake thing is one of those truly American events -- like standing in a line to vote -- that always thrill me.

malibu boy said...

I liked this particular snapshot. It reminded me of a scene out of a documentary of P-town and Fire Island...a quick freezeframe of some happy times with friends.