10 October 2020

"The Poet's Bench" & other gifts

I've written that 2020 is "the year from hell."  but as a writer I must say it's been heavenly as well.


first there was the publication of the initial 30 years of  Alex in Movieland. blessings forever to John Burroughs for giving page to dream. then there was the exhibition "Poetic License." yes it didn't make it to gallery walls. but several artists of note responded to my poems & the show took place online. thankfulness to Terry Hastings for guiding this to light. & now "The Poet's Bench." a poem of mine to dance by. let residents & tourists find a smile in this little love song to Palm Springs. gratitude to Emeline Tate for designing & painting it.


how lucky I am to be able to write & to let my lines loose in a world where love remains more potent than lunacy.








No comments: