09 September 2005

still depressd

my anger & frustration at the failure of this administration had to go somewhere. so I channeld it here. however my attempt at political commentary has been met with yawns. so to lighten up the mood here & to try to shove me in a direction other than dejection I tried returning to poetry & film all day.

it's nearly time for bed. my cat seems to be making better progress at returning to normalcy than I am. I still ache. the ubiquitous smirk of our president continues to make me seethe. Chertoff's arrogance today had me cursing at the tv. & Frist's smug face needs a proper slap.

I did hear something abt the newest polls. it seems I'm not the only one who can't shake depression because of the destruction of nature & government. like many others I'm trying to work my way out of this. I'll try to cease the harangues & think before I blog. that may be tough. what gives blogs their power is spontaniety. there are things I've postd that I later regret. but I leave them here. my only deletions have been spam left in the comments area (inc one left here immediately after I postd).

since I don't have the slightest idea of where this is going it seems best that I hit the pillows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i haven't been yawning amigo. i'm as disgusted as you. i haven't commented but knowing that others feel as frustrated as i do gives me a bit of strength. love ya.

don't watch tv news any more than you have to. you know what they are going to say. every spin is infuriating, so why let them pour gas on your fire?

i'd rather go to the zoo and watch people toss peanuts at the monkeys than watch the news.

mark young said...

there's
nothing wrong
with ranting writing!

Only you're probably like me, & it would take a tome the size of war & peace to get everything out about the evil / cant / hypocrisy / self-serving / self-satisfied / dumbfuckedness of the current administration.

It's only the parts that briefly float to the surface that I post. Just war, & no peace.